This is some blog description about this site

Health risks associated with excess weight

Health risks associated with excess weight

The following is an excerpt from our ebook, Gastric sleeve surgery for weight loss. Click here to download the complete ebook.

Gastric sleeve surgery does not come without its own set of risks, however, you can lower your risk for complications by adhering to your bariatric surgeon’s instructions closely after surgery. Keep in mind that the benefits associated with gastric sleeve surgery far outweigh the risks associated with staying overweight, which can eventually worsen and develop into more serious health conditions the longer you put off treatment.

From a medical standpoint, your body is considered obese when your body mass index (BMI) reaches 30. Having a BMI over 30 can significantly increase your risk for the following health problems:

  • Type 2 diabetes
  • High blood pressure (hypertension)
  • Obstructive sleep apnea
  • Heart disease
  • High cholesterol
  • Asthma
  • Infertility
  • Osteoarthritis
  • Joint problems
  • Gallbladder problems
  • Acid reflux
  • Cancer

Gastric sleeve surgery has the ability to help you lose excess weight and reverse many of these health conditions. Most gastric sleeve patients report experiencing positive changes in their health as early as the first few months after having surgery.

To learn more about gastric sleeve surgery, download our free ebook, Gastric sleeve surgery for weight loss.

Continue reading
1344 Hits

Sleeve gastrectomy

Sleeve gastrectomy, also known as gastric sleeve, is a type of weight-loss surgery in which your bariatric surgeon removes approximately 85 percent of your stomach. The remaining 15 percent of the stomach resembles a sleeve, and is about the size of a medium banana. The stomach pouch holds between 50 and 120 ml of food, which keeps you from eating overly large portion sizes. Patients can lose an average of 46% to 83% of their excess weight one year following gastric sleeve surgery.

Continue reading
1354 Hits

Comparison of surgical procedures

Three of the most frequently performed bariatric weight-loss surgeries are laparoscopic adjustable banding, also known as LAP-BAND®, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, also referred to as gastric sleeve, and Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass (RYGB). This table compares the three procedures, touching on topics such as average short- and long-term weight loss.

Continue reading
1507 Hits

Sleeve gastrectomy dos and don'ts

Undergoing weight-loss surgery is only part of the battle when you’re trying to lose weight. Much of your success depends on your attitude, discipline, and motivation post-surgery.

As you embark on the journey to weight loss, you’ll find that you may experience some difficulties along the way every now and then, such as those related to diet and cravings, the occasional lack of motivation to exercise, and disappointment over the amount of pounds dropped. But if you stick to your original weight-loss plan and stay consistent with eating healthy and exercising regularly, you’ll find that you’ll eventually meet your goals!

Continue reading
9680 Hits
Log in Register
This is content for slide out panel.