In addition, tea can improve your health by helping you sleep, lose weight, reduce stress, and more. Check out these teas that are considered the best health teas for you:
- Green tea: A classic that helps protect your body against liver toxicity and could even help prevent cancer.
- Black tea: Black tea can help prevent cardiovascular disease by lowering your blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels.
- White tea: Research shows that people with diabetes may want to try white tea as it can help improve glucose tolerance.
- Peppermint tea: This caffeine-free tea is best known for its soothing qualities and could have the ability to soothe inflammatory pain in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Lavender tea: Lavender tea helps calm your mood and relieve stress.
- Chamomile tea: The sweet benefits of chamomile tea include increased urinary levels of hippurate (antibacterial activity) and glycine (nerve-relaxing amino acid), which can help with relieving muscle spasms and menstrual cramps.
- Hibiscus tea: This tea can help lower blood pressure.
- Kombucha tea: Made by fermenting black tea, kombucha tea could help improve your intestinal flora by detoxing to remove any pollutants.
Read more about the health benefits of tea on Yahoo.com.