- Take walking breaks. Adding walking intervals to your running workout can help you keep the same pace without putting added strain on your body.
- Think about successful runs. Don’t stress about your current run. Instead, think about successful past runs to keep you motivated to finish.
- Play a sport. Numerous sports involve running, and can help keep you focused on more than just putting your feet to pavement.
- Bring a friend. Exercising with a friend can not only keep you going, but also allow you some extra hangout time with your best bud.
- Fake it until you make it. Forcing a smile while working out can actually help you have fun and feel happier while running.
- Make the perfect workout playlist. Running with music, especially music you love, can help you stay on track while enjoying your favorite songs.
- Try running in intervals. Instead of thinking, “When will this be over?” do intervals in which you run faster or slow down using a measurement of houses, telephone poles, fire hydrants, etc.
Read more about these tips to making running more fun on Huffington Post Healthy Living.