Researchers have even gone so far to examine the effects workout clothing can have on your mentality and overall weight-loss progress, and have found that those who wear quality workout clothing often have enhanced workouts and better weight-loss results.
Before you settle on wearing an old pair of cotton sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt for your workout, keep in mind that most of today’s workout clothing is made using special technology that can wick away sweat and help your muscles recover following workouts.
Here are the top eight brands you should look into if you’re a plus-sized woman who wants to have amazing workouts sans any wardrobe malfunctions.
- Zella by Nordstrom — Nordstrom’s Zella line offers workout clothing for most types of workouts, including running and yoga, as well as casual post-workout tops you can throw on over the gear you’re already wearing.
- Livi Active by Lane Bryant — Lane Bryant’s line of workout clothing is available in a range of different sizes, and offers a zip-front sports bra that can be adjusted for comfort. Manifesta. This clothing line offers an array of bright-colored tank tops and workout pants with reinforced waistbands and roomier pant legs.
- Lola Getts — If you’re into a more subdued look, Lola Getts offers a series of basic plus-size workout gear in black, white, and gray.
- Miraclesuit — Is swimming your favorite go-to workout? Try a swimsuit by Miraclesuit, which offers a line of swimsuits designed to flatter the bodies of curvy, plus-size women.
- Cult of California — Described by fashionistas as the line that offers activewear “with a bit of attitude,” Cult of California offers an array of eccentric colors and patterns that make workouts sexier and more fun.
- Juno Active — Most of the workout gear offered by this clothing line, including underwear, is made with QuikWik technology so you can stay dry and comfortable during your workouts.
- Fractal.9 — If you want to rock a unique look at the gym, look into ordering custom-made workout clothing from Fractal.9. All items are made-to-order, and are available in an array of one-of-a-kind colors and patterns.
Most department stores, including Target and Walmart, now offer workout brands in a range of sizes that can fit nearly any body type. Keep in mind that as you continue to slim down, your options for workout clothing will continue to expand. In the meantime, benefit from staying dry and comfortable during your workouts by wearing clothes made by the brands featured above.