Wow, deadly combination here: At home, stressed, bored and surrounded by food! The next few weeks may find your patients really struggling to maintain their healthy habits and stay committed to their weight loss goals. As a bariatric coordinator, program director, support group leader, nurse, dietitian, coach, or mental health professional, you see the picture quite clearly but may not know what you could do or what should do about it.
We can help you, help them. For over 20 years BSCI’s contribution to the bariatric community has been helping patients learn and embrace a healthy, lasting bariatric lifestyle; day in and day out. Here are a few of ideas that you can offer to help your patients stay focused, connected and engaged in positive behaviors.
- Subscribe them to Bariatric eNews, Articles & Insights
- Inspire them by watching “Back to the Beginning Interviews” with successful long-term patients.
- Encourage them to join us for our free Telephonic and Online Support Groups.
- Help them stay accountable by weighing each week and posting picture of themselves on the scales to your website or Facebook page.
- Offer a cooking show with your dietitian, or daily workout with your exercise specialist.
If you are interested in weight loss surgery, check out MBL’s Ultimate Guide To Weight Loss surgery.