You MUST Follow these Running Instagram Accounts. Check out this top 21 List of the Best Runners to Follow on Instagram for Running Tips, Inspiration, Motivation and more!
This list is a great mix of professional runners, new runners, running companies, funny memes and more. And I made it super easy to follow them in list format or from my @RunEatRepeat IG post tagging them.
PLUS – there are a few new Instagram accounts that are focused on diversity and sharing running stories of minority runners. I’ve been following them since I discovered these new handles and think they’ll continue to grow and share great posts.
Here’s a round-up of the BEST Runners on Instagram to follow. The list is in no particular order, but I noted if the handle was a personal accounts or running group.
You can click on the handle to follow them one at a time OR go to @RunEatRepeat on Instagram – I tagged all of these accounts to make it easy for ya.
- Brave Like Gabe – @bravelikegabe : Brave Like Gabe Foundation supporting cancer research in honor of Gabe Grunewald @gigrunewald
- Carlos the Runner – @carlostherunner: Creator of the #DinoRunfie aka his running selfies with dinosaurs and sometimes unicorns! (featured in pic on top of list)
- Alexi Pappas – @Alexipappas : Pro Runner / Personal Account. Inspirational runner with a new book out soon – Bravey.
- Alison Desir – @alisondesir Runner / Personal Account and activist
- Des Linden – @Des_linden Pro Runner / Personal Account – Boston Marathon winner. Keep Showing Up!
- The Orange Runner – @theorangerunner : Running cartoons / Funny Running posts
- Mirna Valerio – @Mirnavator Runner / Personal Account with motivation and training updates
- Gone for a Run – @goneforarun : Running Gear, Virtual Races & memes
- Skid Row Running Club – @skidrowrunningclub : Running Club based out of Skid Row in Los Angeles. (See the Skid Row Marathon Podcast Recap here for more info.)
- Latinas Running – @LatinasRunning : Running club featuring latina runners around the US. Inspiration and Motivation.
- Also see their associated accounts – @Latinosrun and @LatinoKidsRun
- Black Girls Run – @OfficialBlackGirlsRun : Running club with local chapters throughout the US.
- Run Slow AF – @runslowaf : Virtual Running Club by @300poundsandrunning with support for back of the pack runners & Fun Run Gear
- Runners Be – @Runnersbe : Running memes and funny running posts
- Sparkle Athletic – @sparkleathletic : Sparkle Skirt girls – fun posts, promos and features of other runners.
- Hungry Runner Girl aka Janae – @hungryrunnergirl – Runner, fast runner and mother runner, sharing her training, family and running through pregnancy updates.
- The Mother Runner – @themotherrunner : Another Mother Runner podcast, training and blog account featuring tips and updates.
- Moms on the Run USA – @momsontherunusa : Running club for moms who run
- The Challenged Athletes Foundation – @cafoundation : Features and updates from challenged athletes.
- This Girl Can Run – @thisgirlcanrunning : – Instagram account celebrating the #ThisGirlCanRun campaign based in the UK
- Running Diversity Coalition – @Runningdiversity : New group of running brands, running retailers, and runners representing Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC).