Are you ready for the best chicken thigh recipes? When it comes to flavorful dinners I’m slightly obsessed with chicken thighs. From one-pan meals to classic baked chicken thighs, this tender cut of meat guarantees a juicy experience every time.
5 Reasons to Love Chicken Thighs
Let’s squash the age old debate of which is better – chicken thighs vs chicken breasts? It’s not that one is better than the other, they’re just different. And both can be enjoyed as part of a healthy, well-rounded diet. But here’s five reasons why I do love a good chicken thigh recipe:
- Incredibly Juicy: Chicken thighs have more fat that chicken breasts – and that’s not a bad thing. It translates to more flavor and overflowing juiciness.
- Hard to Overcook: If you often end up with dry, bland, over-cooked chicken breasts, switch to chicken thighs. The darker meat will stay moist, even if you accidentally over cook it.
- Economical: Bone-in chicken thighs are about 1/3 the cost of boneless skinless chicken breasts. That’s a huge savings when it comes to eating healthy on a budget and serving a large family.
- Versatile: When it comes to grilling, searing, and braising chicken thighs are your best friend. They can handle high-heat and long cook times equally as well.
- Crispy Skin: I saved the best for last, because let’s be honest, it’s always about that crispy, golden, flavor-packed skin. It holds marinades, herbs, and seasonings like a boss.
Easy & Healthy Chicken Thigh Recipes for Dinner
If you’re a fan of simple, yet flavorful and impressive dinners (as I am), keep reading. These chicken thigh recipes will show you how to roast, sear, and sauté thighs with the best sweet and savory rubs, marinades, and sauces.
Nothing beats easy one pan dinners, especially when they’re this good. This recipe shines bright with Mediterranean flavors and perfectly baked fluffy rice.
Who says you can’t have restaurant-quality teriyaki chicken right at home? With this easy homemade teriyaki sauce, steamed veggies, and a fresh bed of rice – a delicious dinner is served in just 20 minutes.
It’s time to skip the deep fryer and opt for these baked chicken thighs. Not only are they super tender, but they also have deliciously crispy skin. All thanks to the secret dried herb mix.
Craving vibrant, bold flavors? These humble thighs are soaked in the best garlicky cilantro lime flavor, with a hint of sticky sweetness. Then, quickly seared in a pan for the perfect golden skin.
Another delicious way to cook your chicken thighs is straight on a sheet pan. And this recipe uses a homemade balsamic glaze that perfectly coats the chicken, Brussels sprouts and diced onions.
This is another one pan dish that really lets seasonal kumquats shine. When roasted, sliced kumquats become deliciously sweet and they pair beautifully with the basil chicken.