Did you catch the avocado commercial during the Super Bowl this year? With all the hype, the avocado can easily be classified as a superfood. With 20 grams per berry of monounsaturated fat content, the avocado has a proven ability to lower cholesterol, quell hunger pangs, and spot-reduce belly fat.
Here are eight reasons why the avocado is arguably a perfect dietary staple for weight loss:
- Eat an avocado a day – the avocado is better than the apple at keeping your cholesterol levels down and the doctor away.
- Cinch your belt – eating food with avocado or avocado oil in it can help spot-reduce abdominal fat, which allows you to slim down.
- Boost your nutrients with fat – top your veggies with a few slices of avocado, a dollop of guacamole, or a tablespoon of avocado oil-based vinaigrette to boost the nutrients with a little of the good fat.
- Fight the radicals – avocados and other green fruits can help prevent free radicals from sabotaging your metabolism.
- Squash your hunger – try a scoop of guacamole to squash that hunger right out of you. Just make sure that actual avocados made it into the guacamole before eating it.
- Open the gateway – eating half a medium-sized avocado each day can lead to overall healthier diet quality and get and keep you looking slim.