Food Swaps | One key tip to weight loss has been to learn about nutrition and what’s in our foods, but even that can get tiresome.
Stay on track with weight loss using these easy ways to cut calories. Shape Magazine found 50 different substitutions, food swaps, tips and tricks to eating less calories.
- Try making an open-faced sandwich. Cut your sandwich in two and only eat half of it for a meal.
- Sharing is caring. Split a soda with a friend and cut the calories in half.
- Skim is slim. Drink one glass of skim milk instead of whole or 2 percent milk – it’ll save you about 96 calories!
- Consume light beer. Swap out regular beer for light beer to cut back on calories.
- Whole fruits are often healthier than liquid fruits. Instead of drinking orange juice, try eating a medium-sized orange to cut back on calories, since many commercial fruit juices are loaded with sugar and additives.
- Fat-free is the way to be. Stop using half-and-half, and look for fat-free, low-calorie creamers when preparing your morning coffee.
- Chocolate milk without the shake. Sip chocolate milk instead of a milkshake and save about 110 calories!
- Consume bagels instead of donuts. Skip the glazed donut and eat a bagel for fewer calories.
- Celery is the new tortilla chip. Celery can easily be dipped into your favorite salsa or hummus and they contain fewer calories.
- Candied apples are bad for your health. Avoid apples labeled as “candied,” and try eating a regular apple instead.
For more tips and tricks about nutrition, read this article from Shape Magazine.