Post-Bariatric Surgery | Your doctor will discuss everything you need to know, but it’s important to understand that you need to plan for what’s to come after surgery.
Your post-surgery diet
- Three small meals per day with a focus on protein and produce – approximately four to six ounces in weight.
- Avoidance of sugar, carbonated beverages, high carbohydrate foods, and red meat
- No liquids with meals.
- Water between meals – remember to drink slowly.
- Commitment to learning about better nutrition and changing your relationship with food.
Your post-surgery exercise
- Your doctor will discuss an exercise routine with you.
- Gradually work your way up into a routine.
- 60 minutes of exercise six times each week.
- Interval training exercises each week.
- Track your exercise and create reasonable goals.
Your weight-loss support
- Join a support group that allows you to discuss struggles, emotional difficulties, and learn from and share with others – this can lead to long-term success!
If you are interested in weight loss surgery, check out MBL’s Ultimate Guide To Weight Loss Surgery.